Sunday, May 17, 2015

~Clutched Conversations~

After loading the groceries and getting into the car...

Eamon: "I already put the key in for you but how come it wouldn't start?"

Me:  "Oh, that's because the clutch wasn't in.  You have to push down on the clutch while turning the ignition.  I also like to press to brake, although that isn't necessary.  It's just a good habit in case for some reason the car was in gear instead of neutral because you wouldn't want it to accidentally jump forward or backward when starting it.  So that's why I press the brake and the clutch when starting the... Wait a minute!  Why were you trying to start my car in the first place?!" 

Eamon:  <innocently>  "I just wanted to help you."

Me:  "Uh-huh... and I just gave you a how-to-steal-my-car tutorial!  AUGH!" 

I can't believe I'm already having to give him 
the "Don't drive my car" talk!




No comments:

Post a Comment