Saturday, October 18, 2014

~Cut-day Conversations~

Picnicking and hiking were the order of the day since Eamon and I were both out of school.  We decided to hit Which Wich up for some easy-to-take sandwiches but then a horrible realization dawned on me... Eamon had outgrown the kids' meal!

Me:  "Ok, now with the 7 inch sub, I usually just eat half and save the other half for later so you can do that too since it's probably going to be too much for you."

Eamon:  <looking blankly at me as he shovels in chips>  "Nah, I'm just going to eat the whole thing now."

Me:  "What?!  Are you sure?  Because I think you'll be full since you also have half a bag of chips, a cookie, and a drink."

Eamon:  <steadily eating> "No, I won't be full."

Minutes later...

Me:  "I can't believe you at all of that!"

Eamon:  "I would eat the other half of your sandwich too if it didn't have gross toppings on it [i.e. banana peppers and sriracha sauce]."

Me:  <worriedly> "I am in so much trouble once you hit puberty."

Later at the state forest...

Me:  "Which trail do you want to take?"

Eamon:  <looking excitedly at the map>  "Let's take the take the bike trail because it says it's more difficult!"

Me:  "If you're sure..."

Eamon:  "Yes, because you know I'm like a baby mountain goat!  Let's GO!  Get behind me because I'm the map navigator!  YAAYYY!"

Forty-five minutes later...

Eamon:  <moaning> "Is it almost over?  I can't believe you took me here.  I could be home on the futon right now watching TV."

So much for my baby-mountain-goat map-navigator!  He did persevere through the whole two hour hike though!  ;)  (He wants everyone to know that the sign estimated our trail taking two and a half hours, which we completed in just two hours!)



No comments:

Post a Comment