Wednesday, January 8, 2014

~Random Student Conversations~

And now for something completely different - a non-Eamon post! 

Randon Student at School Today:  "Um, can I ask you something?"

Me:  "Sure.  What's up?"

Randon Student:  "So... do you read?"

Me:  <wondering if this is a trick question since I AM a librarian afterall>  "Um, yeah...?"

RS:  "Like, a lot?"

Me:  "Yeah...?"

RS:  "Did you start when you were little?"

Me:  <wondering where in the heck this is going>  "Uh-huh...?"

RS:  "Oh.  Well, I just read this really good book."

Me:  <loving it when a student has a good reading experience>  "Cool!  What book?"

RS:  "The Deed of Paksenarrion.  Have you read it?"

Me:  "No, I haven't.  But it was really good, huh?  Do you think we should get it for the library?"

RS:  "Yeah.  My mom recommended it to me.  I'd never read such a... such a..."

Me:  <knowing where this is going now>  "Such an 'old' book?"

RS:  "Yeah!  And it was so good!"

Me:  <slightly sarcastically>  "Yep, 'old' books can be good too!  What, was it, like, from the '80s's or something?"

RS:  "Yeah, how'd you know?!"

Me:  <laughing now>  "Oh, geez!  Sweetie, I'm older than the '80's!  Thanks a lot!"


No comments:

Post a Comment