Friday, March 14, 2014

~More Dated Conversations~

While talking on the phone to with my sister about my evening plans...

Me:  "I wanted to go downtown to see some old friends and this singer but Mark's working tonight.  I guess Eamon will have to be my date."

Eamon makes a horrified face at hearing his name and "date" in the same sentence.

Me:  <laughing>  "Wow, you should have seen his face.  I guess he doesn't like the idea of being my date."

Erica:  "Does he even know what a date is?"

Me:  "I think so...  Eamon, do you know what a date is?"

Eamon:  <long-suffering sigh>  "Yes."

Me:  "So what is so awful about being my date tonight?  Is it because I'm your mom or just a girl in general?"

Eamon:  "Both."

Me:  "Would you go on a date with your dad?"

Eamon:  "No. I mean, yes!"

Me:  "What?!  Why him and not me?"

Eamon:  <matter-of-factly> "He's cooler than you."

Me:  "Thanks a lot!  What abou Mema*?  Would you go on a date with Mema?"

Eamon:  "Can we please talk about something else?"

*Mema is his name for my mom


I'm sure Eamon will love having transcripts of these conversations later in life... it will probably make the therapys sessions go much quicker to not have to guess at the level of emotional damage I've done to him but to just read it right off the page. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment