Monday, March 10, 2014

~Manly Conversations~

And now for something completely different... some non-Eamon conversations!  (The following conversations took place this weekend, while our close friends Dan & Chevon were in town. You have to read Conversation One before really getting Conversation Two.)

Friday: Work Conversation Between Mark & Customer Picking Up a Yard Sign

Mark:  "What name is the order under?"

Female Customer:  "Smith."

Mark:  <after looking for a while>  "I'm sorry, ma'am, but I'm not seeing anything with that name.  Could it be under something else?"

FC:  "Maybe Cheryl?"

Mark:  <after looking under the new name>  "Can't find anything under that name either.  I'll keep looking... <a while longer>  We do have an order that fits the description but it's under the name 'Lynn'?"

FC:  "That's it!  I'm not surprised you couldn't find it - you are a man after all."

Mark:  <somewhat shocked>  "That's a really offensive comment."

FC:  <scoffing>  "Why?"

Mark:  "That's like me saying, 'Hey, little lady, do you have any pickle jars you need opened?'."

FC:  <rolls eyes and starts to walk out before turning to ask one more question>  "Are these signs hard to put in the ground?"

Mark:  <deadpan voice>  "Not if you're a man."


Sunday:  Conversation Between Myself and Our Friend Dan While Preparing to Move an Entertainment Center

Me:  "Oh, wait!  Before you and Rick and move that, you might want to unscrew that glass door from its hinges because when Chevon and I tried to move it, we realized that there's not really a good place to put your hand and get a grip if the door is still attached and I don't want you all to drop it so..."

Dan:  <long-suffering sigh coupled with patronizing stare>  "Um, no offense but... we're men."

Me:  <insulted>  "I was just trying to help!"

Dan:  <huge grin>  "Hey, little lady, why don't you go find a pickle jar for me to open after I move this?"

Me:  <knowing when I'm beaten>  "Fine!  Maybe I will!"


Much to my chagrin, the guys had just as little trouble moving the entertainment center as they predicted! :P  Regardless of their questionable attitudes on sexism (haha!), I'm glad all these guys are on my side! ;) 









No comments:

Post a Comment