Sunday, December 29, 2013

~Relative Conversations~

In our house, the excitement over Mema and Aunt Erica's arrival is rivaled only by that of Santa on Christmas morning.  Last night was such a night so this morning Eamon couldn't wait to go see his so-called present...

Eamon:  "So can I wake up Aunt Erica now?"

Me:  "No, it's too early.  Let her sleep."

After asking that question every 10 minutes for over an hour...

Eamon:  "Can I wake up Aunt Erica NOW?"

Me:  "Well, it is after 9am.  Ok, I guess that will be fine.  But wake her gentl... <suddenly noticing Eamon stalking toward Aunt Erica's room with a 3 foot light saber> WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

Eamon:  <innocently>  "I'm just going to wake her up."

Me:  "I said to wake her gently!  Put the light saber down."

Eamon:  <sigh>  "Okay."


No comments:

Post a Comment