Tuesday, November 19, 2013

~Treed Conversations~

After a "traumatic" dodge ball incident at after-school care today in which Eamon got tagged out in the first round and then picked up by me before he had the chance to redeem himself...

Eamon:  <sobbing>

ME:  "Dude, it happens.  You'll get to play again tomorrow and I'm sure you'll tag plenty of people out. No worries."

Eamon:  <SOBBING!>

Me:  <sigh>  "Ok, whatever.  Look, when we get home, I need you to let the dogs out and then... just hang out with them until you're over this and ready to come back inside."

A few minutes after arriving home...

Ziggy (one of our dogs):  <emphatically glaring at me through the back door> "Rowr, rowr, roooowrrrr, ROWRRR!  Rowr, rowr, roooowrrrr, ROWRRR!"  [I should mention that Ziggy does this rumbly growly grumble thing at us that, today, roughly translated to:  'Come collect your noisome whingeing offspring because he is disturbing our peaceful sanctuary.']

Me:  <looking through the back door window and noticing Eamon hanging upside down out of his favorite tree, while still wailing like a banshee, causing me to go investigate>  "Really?!  You're still crying over this?  Quit it!  Ohmygod, you're upsetting the dogs!  Seriously, Ziggy just ran away to hide in the dog house and Max won't come out either!"  <starting to laugh hysterically over the absurdity of the whole thing>

Eamon:  <also starting to laugh hysterically but trying desperately to turn it back into wailing>

Ziggy:  <from the safety of the dog house>  "Rowr, ROWRRR, rowr, roooowrrrr!  Rowr, rowwwwr, roooowrrrr, ROWRRR!"  [Roughly translated to:  'How am I supposed to do my business when he's monopolizing the tree?!']

Me:  "You have three seconds to get it together or I'm going to eat all the brownies AND you won't get to watch 'Wild Kratts' on PBS."

Eamon:  <sniffing valiantly while running inside>  "I'm fine now."

Me:  "Yeah, I thought so..."  


Ahh, parenting at its finest. ;)


our "talkative" puppy, Ziggy

our "scaredy cat," Max


 
and our "traumatized" little boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment