Monday, November 19, 2012

~Feverish Conversations~

While getting ready for school today...

Me:  <sneaking up on Eamon as he comes out of the bathroom> "Rah!"

Eamon:  <immediately springing into ninja attack stance>  "Hyah! Got you, mommy!"

Eamon suddenly remembering something important...

Eamon:  <cough, cough>  "Mommy, I think I'm sick."

Me:  "Really?  You coughed twice. I think you'll be fine."

Eamon:  "But I think I have a fever.  Can you take my temperature?"

Me:  *sigh*  "Ok, I'll take your temperature to see if you're sick.  But the thermometer is upstairs so... RACE YOU TO IT!!"

Eamon:  "YOU'RE ON!"  <races upstairs at top speed>

Me:  "Yeah, dude, I'm pretty sure you're not sick...."

Eamon:  "But can you still take my temperature?" 


I'm so thankful he hasn't yet made it to the Ferris Bueller level of playing sick! ;)

1 comment: