Sunday, August 19, 2012

~Counterfeit Conversations~

While deciding what to do on our Sunday afternoon...

Eamon:  "You can take me to the toy store and we can try to buy the Pharoah's Quest Lego set."

Me:  "No, you don't have nearly enough money for that."

Eamon:  <slyly>  "Yes, I do..."

Me:  "No, you don't.  It's over a hundred dollars and you have less than ten in your piggy bank." 

Eamon:  "But if I use those fake dollars, I'll have enough."

Me:  "What are you talking about?"

Eamon:  "Remember those dollar bills I cut out of my Math workbook?  We can use those."

Me:  *sigh*  "We've talked about this, Eamon.  They can't be spent.  Those are just pieces of paper that kind of look like dollar bills - on one side!  They're not even the same size as real money!" 

Eamon:  "But we could try..." 


I foresee myself spending a lot of time in Eamon's principal's office in the future... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment