Tuesday, July 17, 2012

~Friendly Conversations~

While waiting for Eamon's swim lessons to begin...

Boy:  <approaches Eamon, gesticulating excitedly>  "Were you at Zoo camp today?"

Eamon:  "Yeah."

Boy:  <turns, smiles to his dad, and walks away>  "I knew it!"

The dad and I look at each other and smile in exasperation at the social skills of 7 year olds...

Me:  "Eamon, why don't you go ask that little boy his name."

Eamon:  "Ok." <walks over, asks the boy's name, and walks back to me>  "His name's Harrison."

Me:  "Cool.  Did you tell him your name?"

Eamon:  "Oh, I forgot."

Ten seconds later...

Boy:  <walks over>  "Hey, what's your name?"

Eamon:  "It's Eamon."

Boy:  <turns to dad>  "His name's Eamon!" <walks away without another glance>

Eamon:  "Well, now I have a friend in Zoo camp." 

If only making friends could that be easy your whole life! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment