Sunday, July 22, 2012

~Father-Son Conversations~

While driving home from the lake, I noticed in my rear-view mirror, a furiously waving hand...

Me:  "Uh, yes, Eamon, did you want to say something?"

Eamon:  "I still haven't picked what kind of car I want."
Me:  "Uhh, what?"

Eamon:  "I need to figure out what kind of car I want."

Me:  "For when you get older?"

Eamon:  "Yeah. I just saw car places called Nissan and Infinity and I already know about Hondas, Toyotas, and Fords.  Which do you think I should get?"

Mark:  "A gas-guzzling monstrosity!"

Eamon:  "Daddy, it has to be good for the environment."

Mark:  <sigh>  "Ok, how about a... TANK!?"

Eamon:  "YESSSSS!!!"

<Pause for father-son fist bump while I shake my head>

Mark:  <laughing>  "Because a tank is so eco-friendly..."

Eamon:  "Mine will be.  I'm going to use my tank to blow up bad factories!"

Mark:  "Awesome!"

Eamon:  "But I'm going to send the factories a note first.  I'll give them a chance to stop doing bad stuff and if they don't, I'm going to blow them up!" 

Mark:  "But blowing the factories up could pollute as bad as the factories do."

Eamon:  <thinking>  "Ok, I'm going to make a dragon tank and it's going to have drills and if they don't stop polluting, the note will say my tank is going to drill them into the ground!"

Mark:  "Cool!"

And then the conversation turned, naturally, to the Batmobile, which Mark said he'd like for Eamon to make for him...

Eamon:  "Are you sure you wouldn't rather have real Kryptonite, Daddy?"

Mark:  <scoffing>  "Nope, just the Batmobile."

Eamon:  "Ok, I'll make you the Batmobile and I'll throw in the Kryptonite for free.  You have to pay for the Batmobile but since I'm your son, you won't have to pay a lot. You can pay me a $1." 

Mark:  "Plus expenses, right?"

Eamon:  "No, I'm going to build it myself so I won't have to buy anything so you just pay me a dollar.  But since I'm giving you the Kryptonite for free, you need to give me something for free, Daddy."

Mark:  "Of course.  You can be Robin to my Batman and ride around in the Batmobile with me."

Eamon:  "No, I mean something good."

Mark:  "What's better than being my sidekick?"

Eamon:  "The Pharoah's Quest Lego set."

Mark:  "Ok, you build me the Batmobile and give me Kryptonite and I will be buy you Pharoah's Quest."

Eamon:  "YESSSS!  Now we just need to find a $1,000 bill..." 


In case you don't remember, Eamon is obsessed with 1) building cars and selling them to people for a dollar and 2) finding a $1,000 bill which he plans to buy the Lego Pharoah's Quest with since he doesn't believe us when we say it's $100... ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment