Sunday, May 27, 2012

~Shaken Present Conversations~

While ogling the two birthday presents left by Meema the last time she visited...

Eamon:  "Mommy?"

Me:  "Yes?"

Eamon:  "I can't wait until it's my birthday so I can open Meema's presents."

Me:  "Yes, that will be really fun."

Eamon:  "Mommy?"

Me:  "Yes?"

Eamon:  "Can I just shake Meema's presents?  I won't open them."

Me:  "Yeah, I guess."

Eamon:  <shaking like crazy>  "Ooh, sounds like Legos.  Uh-oh... Um, mommy?"

Me:  <wondering how he managed to break and/or open the present w/ less than 10 seconds of shaking>  "Yes?"

Eamon:  "I need to show you something."

Brings me the present and points at a corner where there is no wrapping paper (something my mom is famous for!), clearly showing that it is indeed Legos...

Eamon:  *sigh* "Well, now that present's ruined."

As if he wasn't secretly overjoyed to find out he was getting more Legos! ;)

UPDATE:  30 minutes later...

Eamon:  "Mommy, I have a question for you."

Me:  "Ok...?"

Eamon:  "If a present is missing some wrapping paper, is it ok to just go ahead and open it?"

Me:  "No, the person needs to wait until their party to open the present!"

Eamon:  "Ok, I was just wondering."

No comments:

Post a Comment