Thursday, April 26, 2012

~Historical Conversations~

While in the car on the way to school...

Eamon:  "Did you know that my face bone is stronger than my finger bones?"

Me:  "Umm, no, I didn't... How did you figure that out?"

Eamon:  "Watch!" <pokes his cheeks in with each index finger and closes jaw, pushing the cheeks and fingers outward>  "My face bone is super strong!"

Me:  "Ahh, I see!   Well, did you know that your face has lots of bones in it and the one you're using when you shut your mouth is your mandible?  And when you get to high school you could take a whole class called 'Anatomy & Phsyiology' about the inside of your body!"

Eamon:  "Cool!  That would be Science, right?  I love Science!  I think I like History but I don't know any."

Me:  "Your Grandpa John loved History!  And so do your dad and I.  Let's see if I can think of a good History story..." <tells quick story about Alexander the Great>

Eamon:  "That was really good, Mommy.  You should write that down."

Me:  "Umm, well, someone else already did but thanks."

Eamon:  "Well, I guess now I know History."

Me:  "Honey, that was just one story.  There are lots and lots of stories you'll hear when you learn about History."

Eamon:  "Oh."

No comments:

Post a Comment