Friday, March 30, 2012

~Art Conversations~

Me: "Wow, I love this flower picture you did, sweetie!"

Eamon: "Those aren't flowers."

Me: "Oh. Um, well, can you tell me about your drawing then...?"

Eamon: "It's a picture of flying guys w/ no arms."

Me: "What?!  Ok, I guess I can see that for the drawing on the left but this one on the right is clearly the petals of a flower."

Eamon: "Those aren't flower petals. That's one flying guy exploding, mom!"

Marti: <stunned silence>

Mark: "Oh, yeah, I can see the body parts flying off in different directions! Nice work, son!"

Marti: <More stunned silence>

Mark: "It's a guy thing, babe."



Flower or flying/exploding guys? You be the judge!
(Please note that due to the light color of the crayons not showing up in the scan, I had to photocopy it very dark and then trace his drawings using dark markers but otherwise, everything is as he drew it)

1 comment: