Thursday, June 29, 2017

~Cursed Conversations~

The following conversations were between me and the eight year old brother of Eamon's friend while we were all taking Ziggy for a walk:

Henry:  "Sometimes I curse and say bad words.  Kind of.  Just kind of.  I know Eamon's dad says curse words because he was in the Navy."

Me:  <laughing>  "Um, something like that.  But you weren't in the Navy so what's your excuse for cursing?"

Henry:  "Well, my mom taught us things like cursing and starcasm*. 

Me:  "Oh, really?"

Henry:  "Yeah, I think she taught us the wrong things."


*Although he pronounced it as starcasm, he meant sarcasm.  And I'm pretty sure his mom didn't intentionally teach him to curse! ;) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later on our walk...

Henry:  "I really like this walking-around thing with your dog.  Do you think if you all get tired of Ziggy that we could have her?"

Me:  <laughing>  "Um, sure, if we get tired of her, she's all yours."

Henry:  <seriously>  "Great!  So will she come with the leash or will we have to buy one?"

Me:  "Well, if we ever got tired of Ziggy and gave her away, her leash would come with her..."

Henry:  "Yes!"

Me:  "But, buddy, I have to warn you, we've had Ziggy for nine and a half years.  If we haven't gotten tired of her by then, I don't think we will." 

If only he'd been alive to ask that question about nine years ago... ;) 




No comments:

Post a Comment