Saturday, January 31, 2015

~Soup-er Conversations~

On the way to a friend's house for my highly-anticipated knitting lesson...

Eamon:  *sigh*  "I wish I'd brought a snack."

Me:  "What?!  You couldn't have thought about that before we left the house, which was 2 minutes ago?"

Eamon:  "No.  I wasn't hungry then."

Me:  "Well, of course not because you JUST HAD BREAKFAST!"

Eamon:  "I know but now I'm hungry."

After doing his best hungry-waif impression, thus scoring drinks and popcorn from Emily and Randy while I knitted, we finally made our way to a restaurant for lunch.  Apparently I did not exit the car quickly enough...

Eamon:  <whispering from the backseat>  "Food.  Fooooooood.  Food, food, foooood..."

Me:  "I'm going!  Give me a second to get out of the car."

While eating yummy won ton soup and drinking tasty Thai Iced Tea at Thailand on St. Andrews...

Eamon:  "This soup is so good!  And this tea is tasty.  I LOVE this soup!"  

Me:  "I'm glad you like it so much."  

Eamon:  "When I'm old enough to drive, I'm going to come here a lot of times."

Me:  "Sounds good to me."

As we were walking out with our leftovers...

Eamon:  "That soup was SO good!  I'm glad I have leftovers so I can have more of that really good soup.  I CAN'T WAIT until dinner!"

Me:  "You're already thinking about your next meal?!

Eamon:  Yep."

Mom's little walking appetite...  Would you be surprised if I told you that as we drove home, he was reading a cake-decorating manual? ;) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment