Sunday, August 17, 2014

~Changing Conversations~

The following conversations, which were overheard in department store changing rooms, make me soo glad that Eamon's toddler days are over!  ;) 

The Mom:  "Please stop that.  No!  Let mommy finish trying these things on and then I PROMISE we will go kick the soccer ball.  Just a few more minutes..."  <sudden scuffling and loud noises>  

The Kid:  <thwarted but unhurt> "Stop that, mommy! That hurt!"

The Mom:  <exasperated> "Do you know why I had to pull you up?  BECAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO SEE A LITTLE BOY CRAWLING INTO THEIR DRESSING ROOM WHILE THEY'RE CHANGING CLOTHES!"

Several minutes later...

The Kid:  <in a sing-song voice> "Mommy...!  Look at me...! I'm wearing your shoes!  I am such a pretty little boy!"  

At another department store in another dressing room on the same day...

A little girl and her dad were [obviously] standing right outside the dressing room waiting for the mom when this one-sided conversation took place...

Little Girl:  "DADDY, I'M GOING TO STAY OUT HERE WITH YOU, OK?  BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO SEE MOMMY NAKED!  IS MY VOICE LOUD?  MY VOICE SOUNDS LIKE LIQUID!"

Whatever that kid is on, she needs to share with the moms! ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment