Wednesday, December 18, 2013

~Holiday Conversations~

And now for something completely different for the holiday season, some non-Eamon conversations! ;) 

While doing errands witht the family Sunday afternoon...

Mark:  "Wait, where are you going?  We're supposed to be going to World Market, Target, and back home."

Me:  <hesitantly>  "Well, there are a few things I need at Wal-mar..."

Mark:  "No!  We're not going to Wal-mart on a Sunday afternoon."

Me:  "But we're so close!  And there a few things we need that I can only get from there."

Mark:  "Babe, I love you but not enough to go to Wal-mart on a Sunday afternoon."

Me:  "When do you love me enough to go to Wal-mart?"

Mark:  "Our love is more of a 3 a.m. quick trip to Wal-mart in the middle of the night kind of love."

Me:  *sigh*  "Fine.  We'll just go to Target then."


And a husband-wife conversation overheard at World Market that same day...

As the cashier is handing a yard o' chocolate package to the wife and a case of small champagne and assorted alcohol bottles to the husband...

Wife:  <giggling>  "I've got the chocolate!  I've definitely got the better end of this deal!"

Husband:  <stoically>  "You can keep the chocolate.  I have all the alcohol."  

Wife:  <still giggling>  "Well, I have the car keys!"

Husband:  <dead pan voice>  "Fine, leave me.  I'm just going to start drinking." 


That conversation really amused me because I think I've had that same conversation with Mark at some point! ;) 




No comments:

Post a Comment