Saturday, September 7, 2013

~Culinary Conversations~

While watching Saturday morning TV...

Eamon:  "Mommy!  Quick!  I need some paper!"

Me:  "Ok..." <hands him a notepad>

Eamon:  "Thanks!"

Me:  "What for?"

Eamon:  <silently but empahtically points to the TV which is turned to the Martha Stewart PBS cooking show>

After a few minutes of attempting to write down what she says...

Eamon:  "Augh!  This is too hard to write!  I'm just going to have to remember it.  <begins repeating after Martha Stewart>  two tablespoons of flour... butter... maple syrup... Ooh!  Now she's making espresso chocolate glaze!  <frowns thoughtfully> Wait, how old do you have to be to have coffee?"

Me:  "Well, there's not really a certain age.  You could have coffee now but it would probably make you really hyper."

Eamon:  "Hmm, I think I'll wait until I'm 12."

Me:  <laughing>  "What, is 12 the magic age to have coffee?"

Eamon:  <seriously>  "Yes.  Well, for me it is.  Hey, when I'm 12, maybe Rowan will be the manager of a cooking place and she can make those eclairs with espresso glaze!"


If I got even half excited as he does about cooking and recipes, my family would eat a lot better than we do... ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment