Friday, August 16, 2013

~Questionable Conversations~

Before bedtime...

Eamon:  "I'm glad watermelon doesn't have any sugar in it."

Me:  "No, watermelon does have sugar in it."

Eamon:  "It does? But I thought it was healthy."

Me:  "It is healthy for you because it has a natural kind of sugar found in lots of fruit.  It's definitely better for you than the white sugar that gets added to a lot of other stuff."

Eamon:  "What about milk?  Does that have sugar in it?"

Me:  "Well, lots of foods have natural sugars in them and that's ok but it's foods that have added artificial sugar that we have to watch out for.  Milk is ok though."

Eamon:  "Ok.  Sorry I'm asking lots of questions.  I just want to be really smart when I grow up." 


And then my heart melted.... (;


No comments:

Post a Comment