Sunday, August 5, 2012

~Bonding Conversations~

The father-son bond between Mark and Eamon grows stronger - and odder - every day.  So while we were getting ready to read Eamon stories before bed, this exchange took place...

Eamon:  <makes rude noise>

Me:  "Eamon, geez!  You're starting to sound like your dad."

Eamon:  <giggles and grins mischieviously>

30 seconds later after Mark walks in...

Mark:  <makes rude noise>

Me:  "Mark!"

Eamon:  <very seriously> "It wasn't him, mommy. It was one of my stuffed animals."

Mark:  "Um, yeah... I thought so but I was going to take the blame because I didn't want your stuffed animal to feel embarrassed.  But thanks for setting the record straight, son!"

Eamon smiles angelically and they do a father-son fist bump while I shake my head at the absurdity of it all...





No comments:

Post a Comment