Tuesday, March 20, 2012

~ There's Gold in Them Thar' Safety Pins! ~

<As I was prepping clothing for a recent consignment sale, safety pins were scattered on the floor around me, leading to the following conversation>

Eamon: "Mommy, look!  Gold safety pins! Can I have them to put in my piggy bank?"

Me: "Uh, I guess so but why do you want to do that?

Eamon: "They're gold!  I'm going save them so we can go to London one day!"

Me: "Honey, they're not worth anything b/c they're not real gold."

Eamon: "Well, I think they are so I'm putting them in my piggy bank."

***** LATER*****

Eamon: "Daddy, look at the gold safety pins mommy gave me!  I'm saving them in my piggy bank for London."

Mark: "Buddy, those aren't made of real gold."

Eamon: "Oh, ok."  

2 comments:

  1. So, Dad has more believability than Mom? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he's a total daddy's boy right now. Although I may have ruined my own credibility by always telling him, jokingly, that mom always knows everything! ;)

    ReplyDelete